The FreeWave Mobile Application provides device management capability via Bluetooth. This includes device firmware updates.
Note: the mobile application update process currently requires internet connectivity. Pre-downloading of firmware is not yet supported.
- Open the FreeWave Mobile Application & Log-in
- Scan for the device which you want to update
- Open and connect to the device
- Once connected the latest firmware version for your device will be retrieved. If there is a firmware update available, then a cloud download indicator will display:
- Open the Firmware Settings menu. If an update is available a notification will display prompting you to download the latest firmware image. If no update is available a screen indicating your device is already up to date will be shown instead.
- Press Start - this will download the firmware package. You will then be shown a summary of the firmware, and a prompt will be shown to apply.
- Press Apply. this will start the firmware upgrade process. Once finished a success message will display. You can then press Finish to be taken back to the device management screen. The device will be automatically rebooted and load the latest firmware.
- Verify that your device firmware was upgraded successfully by reconnecting and viewing the firmware settings screen once more. The ‘Version’ indicator at the top of the screen should now have the version you just updated to, and you should no longer be prompted to download the latest version.
If you have any issues during this process, please contact email@example.com.