The Fusion Mini Weather Station is a ready-to-deploy satellite-connected weather monitoring solution. It comes pre-configured with integrated industrial-grade sensors and low-cost communications options providing global connectivity and reliability.
To make things easy, the Swarm Satellite fees are included in the annual Data Platform subscription cost. Options range from simple OEM Data Broker message routing through to full dashboard and analytics. Using the Fusion Mini couldn't be easier, simply deploy the unit, and data will flow.
Swarm provides affordable satellite connectivity for IoT applications, particularly in remote regions that lack reliable access to the Internet.
Things to Note
- In cold climates under 0 C / 32 F, lithium batteries will not charge when the solar panel receives sunlight. This is due to a restriction imposed by the battery manufacturer. In cold climates, charging a battery in cold weather can lead to lithium metal plating forming on the anode of the Fusion Mini leading to a potential battery short and failure
- In cold climates under 0 C / 32 F, lithium batteries have decreased performance and will discharge quicker than normal
- In snowy conditions, the panel can get covered in snow and the Fusion Mini will not charge. The snow covering the panel must either be removed manually or wait for ambient temperatures to rise to melt the snow. There is research being conducted on special coatings for the solar panel to reduce/eliminate snow build-up. You can view more here: https://news.umich.edu/spray-on-coating-could-make-solar-panels-snow-resistant/. Please note: These are not commercially available as yet.
- While the standard Fusion Mini is battery power with solar charging, there are options available for either external battery support or mains power support for colder climates.
- If the Fusion Mini is configured for external battery support, then that is its permanent state. It cannot be used as a standard Fusion Mini with a Lithium battery.
- Should you wish to discuss external battery support or mains power adapters, please contact FreeWave Support.
|Model Reference||IIoT Weather Station LTE (CAT-M1)||IIoT Weather Station Satellite (Swarm)|
|Cellular Communications||Global LTE-M (CAT-M1/NB1)
Bands: 1*, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 12, 13, 18, 19,
20, 25, 26*, 28 (* roaming bands)
|Satellite Communications||n/a||SWARM TILE01
137-138MHz Downlink / 148-150MHz Uplink
|Processors & Memory||Arm® Cortex®-M4
NOR Memory IC 32Mb, SPI - Quad I/O
NOR Memory IC 32Mb, SPI - Quad I/O
|Onboard Sensors||GPS, Power|
|GPS Module||Sierra Wireless XM1210, TCXO. GPS+Glonass, GPS+BeiDou, GPS+Galileo.
Signal used for both position information and accurate time sync for data records.
|Charge Circuit & Battery||Tracking onboard battery voltage, along with the status output of onboard solar charging circuit in order to give a clear indication of how well the internal battery is charging|
& Barometric Pressure
|Resolution: Temperature: 0.01 deg C, Humidity: 1%, Pressure: 0.1 hpa
Accuracy: Temperature: 0.3 deg C, Humidity: 3%, Pressure: 0.1 hpa
|Wind Speed & Direction||Resolution: Speed: 0.01 m/s, Direction: 0.1 deg, Max Speed: 60 m/s
Ultrasonic Sensor Accuracy: Speed: 0.5 m/s, Direction: 3 deg
|External RS485 Sensor Inputs||Fault-protected Half duplex RS422, RS485 Transceiver
12VDC Supply, 2kV Isolation, 470μF Max Capacitive Load
|Bluetooth Host||U-BLOX NINA B3, v5.0 (Bluetooth low energy) nRF52840|
|Power Supply||Built-in 6000mAH Li-polymer Battery
Charging Voltage: 4.2V, Rated Voltage: 3.7V, UVLO at 3.4V
|Solar Panel||Epoxy encapsulated Monocrystaline, 9W Nominal output|
|DC Input & Charging||18~30VDC, 2A Max Current,
MPPT Charger (19.4Vmp),
Optional 12v DC Battery Input
|Antenna - Cellular||Female SMA, Multiband Whip Antenna||n/a|
|Antenna - Satellite||n/a||Female SMA, Swarm Antenna|
|Antenna - GPS||Female SMA, GPS/GNSS Whip Antenna|
|Antenna - Bluetooth||Female SMA, Bluetooth Whip Antenna|
|RS485 Sensor Input||2 x IP68 Circular Connector Sockets, 4-Position (vcc, gnd, data+, data-)|
|DC Input||IP68 Circular Connector Socket, paired with solar panel cable|
|Assembly CLosed (L x W x H)||448x260x210mm (without antenna), 545x260x210mm (with antenna)|
|Assembly at 45deg (L x W x H)||448x260x393mm (without antenna), 545x260x393mm (with antenna)|
|Weight (full assembly + antenna)||4.6kg excluding packaging|
|Operating / Storage Temperature||-20°C to 60°C / -40°C to 85°C|