Security Advisory CVE-2021-44228
Log4Shell is a severe security vulnerability affecting web servers using Java and the log4j Java logging tool.
Product Impact Summary
How does this impact FreeWave products?
FreeWave hardware and software is not impacted by this vulnerability when used in standard configurations.*
- FGR Series and other older serial radios
- These are microcontroller based and therefore have no possibility of running Java
- HT+, FGR2-PE and FGRplus
- These Ethernet products do not use Java
- Zum & Fusion Edge Compute*
- Java is not factory installed on Zum, Fusion firmware or FreeWave Edge
- FreeWave IQ Linux Application Environment*
- Java is not pre-installed by FreeWave
- Tool Suite
- C#/.NET Windows desktop application that contains no Java code or web server
*Certain FreeWave products like ZumLink do allow users to host software of their choosing in our Linux based environment. If you've added custom web-based software to FreeWave products you can audit your application by using free online testing tools.