Alerts can be configured in the ModuSense Portal to send email/text notifications of when sensor readings come through that are below, above or exactly meet the threshold you have set.
To access Alerts, click on your username and click on Alerts.
Any current alerts that are setup are listed here.
- Click +Add New to add a new alert.
- You will first need to name the Alert and press Add.
- Click on the pen icon to Edit your new Alert.
In the Recipients field, you can click Add Recipients.
Here you can choose between an email address and a mobile phone number or have both. You can have multiple recipients across both email and phone.
Email is in standard email address format. Mobile numbers need to be configured with the +country code at the front.. i.e. +1xxxxxxxxxx
To add a rule, click +Add Rule
In the first drop down, you will first need to select the device or device type to run the rule against.
Once selected, the available measurement to run the rule against are displayed in a drop down list.
- Select the relevant measurement you want an alert for.
- The using the operation field, select whether you want the rule to be less than, greater than or equal.
- The Value field, enter the value to compare against.
- Enter a message you want sent
- Click Update when done
The newly created rule will appear in the list.
When the alert fires, you will receive the notification.